From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drives not detected in repeatable order.
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 19:53:11
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > Just recently I've run in to problems because my hard drives are not
3 > detected in a predictable order, so my fstab that mount /dev/sdb1 and
4 > /dev/sdc1 sometimes result in directory trees in the wrong places
5 > (/dev/sda seems consistent, but I don't know why).
6 >
7 > What's the recommended way to fix this?
10 I went the LABEL direction too. Here is a example fstab, mine actually.
11
12 LABEL=boot /boot ext2 defaults 1 2
13 LABEL=root / reiserfs defaults 0 1
14 LABEL=swap none swap sw 0 0
15 LABEL=var /var ext3 defaults 0 2
16 LABEL=portage /usr/portage ext3 defaults 0 2
17 LABEL=home /home reiserfs defaults 0 2
18 LABEL=data /data ext4 defaults 0 2
19
20 You can set that when your put the file system on or use the file system
21 tools to set it without formating the partition. It is usually -L
22 <label> and whatever other options you use. Since you already have a
23 install on there, I strongly recommend the later, otherwise you lose
24 your data.
25
26 Hope that helps.
27