From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: smoothest way to jump from 2006 to 2008
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:24:00
1 On Wednesday 30 April 2008, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 Seems like you got to a working state - unorthodox method, but it does
4 seem to have worked :-)
5
6 <snip>
7
8 > But now that blockage is solved... I'm getting a failure in the
9 > dependancy gpm when I try to emerge -vu portage.
10 >
11 > I've included that failure message at the end. Right now I think
12 > I'll try with --nodeps and if portage installs ok... I'll try
13 > emerging and building a more recent kernel and see if is still boots.
14 > ====================================================================
15 > emerge -vu portage ends with this faiure while emerging dependancies:
16 >
17 > unpack gpm-1.20.3.tar.lzma: file format not recognized. Ignoring.
18
19 There was a post earlier today about this very thing. Check today's
20 inbox for more details. Apparently you need a very recent portage to
21 use this feature, so I would suggest you fully resolve the bash/portage
22 thing first before trying to emerge world
25 Alan McKinnon
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list