From: hw <hw@×××××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resizing multiple images with adding a frame as needed
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 15:39:05
1 Am 24.06.2015 um 02:02 schrieb wabenbau@×××××.com:
2 > hw <hw@×××××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> suppose I have a number of images that need to be displayed side by
7 >> side in a nice layout. The images are of different sizes and have
8 >> different aspect ratios.
9 >>
10 >> To fit the images into the layout, I can scale the images either by
11 >> height or width or by percantage, and they will look messy in the
12 >> layout because I need to keep their aspect ratio when scaling them.
13 >>
14 >> So what I need to do is put a frame around each image just as needed
15 >> when scaling it so that I will end up with all the images having the
16 >> same size while maintaining their aspect ratio.
17 >>
18 >> I guess 'convert' (from imagemagick) or 'ffmpeg' can do this, yet I
19 >> couldn't find out how.
22 >> (In this particular case, I would set a default size to scale all
23 >> images to rather than doing something more complicated like examine
24 >> all images in advance to compute a good size to use from the largest
25 >> or smallest one or from their average dimensions.)
28 >> Any ideas how to do this?
29 >
30 > Look here:
31 >
32 > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1787356/use-imagemagick-to-place-an-image-inside-a-larger-canvas
33 >
34 > You must add a resize paremeter as this example is only for placing an
35 > image inside a larger canvas. :-)
36
37 Thank you very much, this looks like exactly what I was looking for :)
38
39 > You can easily find more examples in the Internet.
40
41 I tried, of course --- it seems to be a matter of using the right search
42 strings ...