From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer compilation
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:49:07
1 On Monday 20 November 2006 16:22, Pawel K wrote:
2 > Hello
3 > I'm compiling gentoo on P4 an use my system HD both on
4 > pentium 4 and pentium 3. My make.conf looks like:
5 >
6 > CFLAGS="-march=pentium3"
7 > CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
8 >
9 > It works good for all packages but mplayer. Mplayer is
10 > always compiled for p4 when compiled on p4 and for p3
11 > when it is compiled on p3.
12 >
13 > How can I force it to be always compiled for p3?
14 >
15 > I don't want to compile it on my p3 since it is to
16 > slow.
17
18 mplayer comes with the cpudetection USE flag set, so it detects your cpu
19 type at run time. Which nicely avoids your entire problem :-)
20
21 alan
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list