From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] I want a low-end usb laser printer with minimal config hassle
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2018 16:12:30
1 I'm looking for recommendations for a low-end laser printer. I don't
2 need networking and I'd like to keep things as simple as possible, so
3 I'm probably looking for just a usb printer which works with cups. I'd
4 very much prefer one which doesn't require proprietary firmware to be
5 loaded or anything to be installed outside of portage. I'd Duplex
6 printing would be a plus, but not necessary.
7
8 For reference, if the Brother HL-L2300D works easily with cups, it
9 would suit me fine. (But I don't have any preference of manufacturer
10 -- I just happen to have the Brother URL handy as I'm typing this.)
11 <https://www.brother-usa.com/products/HLL2300D>