From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] avidemux
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:06:35
1 On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 09:47:09PM +0100, Penguin Lover Uwe Thiem squawked:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > while saving an edited MPEG2 file, avidemux ate tens of GB under /home. I
5 > can't find that/those temporary files. Anybody in the know where it stores
6 > them? It definitely isn't under /tmp or /var/tmp. It's under /home and
7 > presumebly under my home directory but "find . -size +1G -print" in my home
8 > directory didn't reveal anything.
9
10 Presumeably it could be a bunch of small files, rather than 1 file
11 bigger than 1 gigabyte (as an aside, why is it for my version of find,
12 +1G is not a valid size? The only units that it admits [according to
13 the man page] are b[lock], c[haracter=byte], w[ord], and k[ilo]]),
14 which might explain why your find command doesn't see it.
15
16 Have you looked at the output of
17 du --max-depth 1 | sort -g
18
19 It should show you which are your abnormally large directories...
20
21 HTH,
22
23 W
26 Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand,
27 "lollipop" is the longest word typed with your right hand; given
28 that you don't type in Dvorak.
29 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1 day, 2 min
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list