From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix and bad colors.
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 22:49:56
1 Am Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 13:52:03 schrieb Mark Knecht:
2 > On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Howdy,
4 > >
5 > > I was using eix a bit ago and I noticed the colors have changed. Since
6 > > I like to have white text and a black background, this is not working to
7 > > well for me. It seems some of the output is black text. Put black text
8 > > on a black background and I have missing text, usually the very thing I
9 > > am looking for. I have looked for a config somewhere in /etc but can't
10 > > find where this is set. I found where other colors are set but not for
11 > > eix.
12 > >
13 > > Anyone have a hint as to where this is set or is it hard coded into eix?
14 > >
15 > > Thanks much.
16 > >
17 > > Dale
18 >
19 > Dale,
20 > If you (or someone else) finds a nice concise setting for
21 > terminals that are black background, white text, I hope you'll post if
22 > back. I'm not going to have time to look at this right now but like
23 > you hate the way black on black text is looking! ;-)
24
25 is there really black-on-black? I saw dark grey on black, but I did not miss
26 anything obvious... hm.. so when does it show/uses black-on-black?
27 --
28 #163933