From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qemu-kvm
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 03:04:10
1 On Saturday, July 16 at 01:24 (+0100), john said:
2
3 > I am running a gentoo amd64 qemu-kvm virtual image on my gentoo amd64
4 > box.
5 >
6 > Everything is running well. Machine boots up and all looks to be ok.
7 >
8 > When I startx the screen goes purple (on guest) and locks up. The only
9 > error message I get is on host.
10 >
11 > KVM internal error. Suberror: 1 emulation failure
12 >
13 > I would guess this is a graphics issue but not entirely sure.
14 >
15 > I have tried -vga cirrus, std, vmware but all have the same effect.
16 >
17 > I have emerged these in guest as xorg-drivers.
18 >
19 > Any suggestions!
20
21 I use kvm, though most of my guests are headless or just text mode.. but
22 i did just try booting systemrescuecd into X and all was well.
23
24 question:
25
26 * What verison of qemu-kvm are you runing
27 * which kernel
28 * Have you tried other guests (such as systemrescuecd)?
31 Seems to work for me (with the cirrus emulator).
32
33 -a