From: Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] alsa-driver emerge error
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:26:44
1 Hi
2
3 I think I know why I have this error but I woul like another view
4 before I -aCv the package, the error from this mornings emerge -aDuv
5 world was :-
6
7 checking for built-in ALSA... "yes"
8 configure: error: You have built-in ALSA in your kernel.
9
10 !!! Please attach the config.log to your bug report:
11 !!! /var/tmp/portage/alsa-driver-1.0.9b/work/alsa-driver-1.0.9b/config.log
12
13 !!! ERROR: media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.9b failed.
14 !!! Function econf, Line 485, Exitcode 0
15 !!! econf failed
16 !!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.
17
18 I skipped some of the less seemingly pertinent bits, my kernel is
19 currently 2.6.11.5 and ALSA is built into it whereas when I first
20 installed Gentoo [~6 months ago] I used genkernel which IIRC built
21 ALSA as modules which I think has led me to the above error.
22 I checked the changelog and this package
23 media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.9b was last made x86 in febuary which may
24 have been before I installed gentoo hence I think why my world is
25 trying to install it even though I do not require it.
26
27 Could someone confirm [or guide anyway ] for me that my "guess" is
28 right and that I will be safe to remove the package.
29 Alternatively I have got completly the wrong end of the stick and I am
30 about to kill my system :)
31 in which case a big NO!! dont do it will suffice .
32
33 thanks stu
37 "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand
38 binary, those who don't"
39
40 --Unknown
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list