From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Plasma sound devices
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 17:44:16
1 Hello list,
2
3 Over the last few days I've trimmed my plasma setup - to slightly below the
4 minimum, by which I mean that sound notification has stopped working. I can
5 hear streamed radio, but the plasma control panel doesn't show any devices so
6 I don't hear notifications.
7
8 I've scanned the list of packages I removed but I can't see a likely suspect,
9 and google just returns results about having no sound at all, which is not my
10 case.
11
12 Can anyone tell me which plasma module I need to install to hear notifications
13 again?
14
15 Again, the hardware and low-level drivers are fine: it's just plasma that's
16 missing a component.
19 Regards,
20 Peter.