From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Iron penguin on usb?
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 22:16:11
1 Hello,
2
3 Ok the latest release of livedvd is here:
4
5 https://www.gentoo.org/news/20140826-livedvd.xml
6
7 So my understanding is you can put this on a usb stick. Run
8 gentoo live, download packages, set flags, install packages
9 and save them to the USB stick? So it's a portable gentoo
10 workstation on a usb stick?
11
12 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LiveUSB/HOWTO
15 Are these the best instructions to follow to createa usb bootable
16 live gentoo image? It has to be able to install new packages and
17 save those to the usb stick.
18
19 I remember some time back (Neil) mentioned a package I was
20 not aware of (and naturally cannot remmber the name of) that
21 made creating USB bootable, usable, images on a usb stick
22 straightforward?
23
24 It even handled grub2, uefi and such?
25
26 suggestions?
29 James