From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stuttering DVB-T video output
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 23:05:19
1 On 16 May 2010, at 15:10, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > ...
3 > for watching DVB-T broadcasts on my PC I am using vlc,
4 > which is fed with an appropiate channels.conf file
5 > from the commandline.
6 >
7 > Everything is fine so far...but...
8 > The video output stutters, especially when switching
9 > desktops or when scrolling html pages in firefox or...
10 > often this happens without any additional actions on
11 > the desktop.
14 You need to state that you've catted from the /dev/whatever to a file,
15 or whatever the correct way is to directly make a recording, then
16 played the resultant video back using vlc, mplayer & on a different
17 system.
18
19 You also haven't stated the resolution of the video you're trying to
20 play. Hi-def is demanding of system resources, standard def should be
21 no problem on any PC made in the last 7 or 8 years.
22
23 Stroller.