From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error during boot up.
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 13:55:38
1 On December 20, 2018 11:45:29 AM UTC, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 >> On Thursday, 20 December 2018 08:12:43 GMT Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Thanks for the help. When I boot next time, maybe it will log the
6 >error
7 >>> and I can see what is going on.
8 >> You could also try CTRL-S to pause the screen update and CTRL-Q to
9 >let it
10 >> continue.
14 >I did try page up, up arrow and such.  I was trying to get at least one
15 >or two keywords to look into.  Thing is, it is so fast. My old 4 core
16 >booted pretty quick but this new 8 core with faster clock speeds is
17 >seriously fast.  It goes from the kernel starting to load to sddm
18 >starting in seconds.  I'm not sure if the extra memory helps at that
19 >point or not but the faster and extra cores sure does.  I'll try to
20 >remember that ctrl s.  I just better have my fingers ready.  lol
21 >
22 >If I had a sdd drive for the OS to be on, I guess it would be even
23 >faster.  vvrrrmmmmm vvvrrrmmmmm!!!!
24 >
25 >Dale
26 >
28
29 Next upgrade idea:
30 - mainboard with NVME slot
31 - NVME drive for your OS.
32
33 Your CPU and memory will be the next bottleneck :)
37 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.