From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] gentoo-sources-2.6.29-r5 & ext4
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 09:27:19
1 Hi,
2
3 Yesterday I decided to try gentoo-sources again. I was using vanilla,
4 because of ext4 - when it was declared stable, gentoo-sources still was
5 at the ext4dev phase (a version or so behind the upstream as expected).
6 Yesterday, when migrating from vanilla-2.6.28 to gentoo-sources-2.6.29-5
7 I haven't noticed any new FS related options except for the btrfs which
8 I don't need, thus have disabled.
9
10 Kernel compiles w/o errors, but when booted it panics with error msg
11 like "unknown mount option ``extents''".
12
13 Yes, I have "extents" among the following options in fstab and
14 they work with vannila-2.6.28
15
16 "/dev/md1 / ext4 stripe=2048,commit=2,extents,orlov,delalloc,\
17 errors=remount-ro,nodiratime,noatime 0 1"
18
19 Ideas, suggestions?
24 Best regards,
25 Daniel