From: Regis Decamps <decamps@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: No /dev/sda1 with Klingston usb disk. Wrong lsusb output.
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:01:41
1 Frédéric Grosshans wrote:
2 > I've a problem with a recently bought usb disk:there is a /dev/sda node
3 > but no /dev/sda1 . When I try to access /dev/sda, I've the following
4 > errors :
5 > sanduleak ~ # fdisk /dev/sda
6 >
7 > Unable to open /dev/sda
8 > sanduleak ~ # dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/null
9 > dd: opening `/dev/sda': No medium found
10
11 I think many USB keys have pseudo-partitions, exactly like floppy disks.
12
13 You should be able to mount /dev/sda directly
14 fdisk /dev/sda will fail or displays a broken partition table.
17 Régis
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list