From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems installing Opera 8.54
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 16:16:25
1 On 5/28/06, Alexander Kirillov <nevis2us@××××××××.su> wrote:
2 >
3 > > I tried upgrading my Opera 8.52 to 8.54. That gave me severa ACCESS
4 > DENIED
5 > > errors, as well as a ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY and stop in emerge even
6 > > though more packages were ready to install.
7 >
8 > As a workaround you may temporarily mask opera-8.54.
9 > I have same problem and syncing didn't help so far.
12 I had the same problem, and sync was no help, so I just dropped
13 =www-client/opera-8.54
14 into /etc/portage/package.mask, so that the current version won't get
15 emerged.
16 Hopefully, a new version will go stable soon, and it will be emerged in the
17 normal
18 course of things.
21 ++ kevin
24 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD