From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: OT: 'profit motive' - WAS Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 22:31:29
1 On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 10:56:31 -0500
2 Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On 2014-02-21 10:28 AM, Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 09:03:47 -0500
6 > > Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> On 2014-02-21 8:54 AM, Daniel Campbell <lists@××××××××.us> wrote:
9 > >>> If you think all profit is the same, then we are talking on two
10 > >>> different wavelengths.
11 > >>
12 > >> I didn't say that. I said that *everyone* operates under the profit
13 > >> motive.
14 > >
15 > > And that is simply not true.
16 >
17 > Yes, it is, but you may be confused about the meaning of 'profit'.
18 >
19 > Even someone who volunteers in the local soup kitchen feeding the
20 > homeless is doing so under the profit motive. The things is, the
21 > 'profit' involved (may) only involve(s) a 'warm fuzzy good feeling'.
22 >
23 > If you read my previous words
24
25 Yes, I did. But now, I stop to do so just as have done with Canek
26 before.