From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: reiserfsprogs
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:48:35
1 On Tuesday 31 July 2007 17:32, James wrote:
2
3 > I have no ide how to diable 'composite support'.
4
5 Section "Extensions"
6 Option "Composite" "Disable" (or False)
7
8 > When the system was ordered it was specified 1680x1050 on the
9 > 17 inch screen resolution. The few times (sporadically) I did
10 > get X/kde to launch, it was is 1024x768 mode. I cold not build
11 > a working xorg.conf file, so I boot up the liveCD 2007.0 can
12 > copied over the default xorg.conf that at least worked with the
13 > liveCD. My suspicion is that xorg.conf file, particularly the
14 > Hortz and Vert ranges:
15 > HorizSync 28.0 - 96.0
16 > VertRefresh 50.0 - 75.0
17
18 From a terminal within X while you have booted the LiveCD run xvidtune (emerge
19 it if you have to). That will tell you what is the HorizSync and
20 VertRefresh. Assuming all is looking right with the LiveCD use these
21 settings into your xorg.conf. Another trick is to remove them completely
22 (just comment them out) and xorg will try to guess them after it probes the
23 hardware. It may just work. Final gotcha is the mouse. I assume that if it
24 works with the LiveCD the same settings should do it for you, otherwise you
25 may want to try playing with mine below and see what gives:
26
27 ==============================
28 Section "InputDevice"
29 Identifier "Mouse0"
30 Driver "synaptics"
31 Option "Protocol" "SynPS/2"
32 Option "InputFashion" "Mouse"
33 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
34 Option "Name" "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
35 Option "SHMConfig" "on"
36 Option "Vendor" "0002"
37 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
38 Option "Emulate3Buttons" "True"