From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Sound... a known method to track down problems
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:36:14
1 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... I'm in need of sound on my
4 > unix box and kind of quickly. I never even configure sound or want it
5 > as a rule but now I need it to test some recording equipment on a
6 > second winxp computer with m-audio delta-66 installed.
7
8 This was solved by going thru the Alsa Guide. But I got a sneaking
9 suspiciion that my main trouble was not understanding that play stuff
10 would only work for root. So naturally anything in KDE desktop would
11 be my user.
12
13 I never thought to try playing as root.
14
15 So now all fixed and added my user to audio group as stipulated in
16 ALSA Guide.
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list