From: Jose Maria Alvarez Fernandez <jmalvarezf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde3.4.3 with arts on amd64
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 13:06:08
1 El Domingo, 8 de Enero de 2006 13:53, Holly Bostick escribió:
2 > Marc Schlienger schreef:
3 > > Hi, I've installed kde3.4.3 with arts on my amd64 machine. Alsa is
4 > > working fine. But arts works only partially. All notification sound
5 > > doesn't work. Also I don't get sound when logging in. But, for
6 > > example, amarok works with the arts driver. Is this a known bug? What
7 > > can I do?
8 > >
9 > > Regards Marc
10 >
11 > Is aRTs set to use ALSA? kcontrol (KDE Control Center)=> Sound and
12 > Multimedia=> Sound System=> Hardware Tab => Select the Audio device
13 > drop-down (choose 'Alsa').
14 >
15 > Secondly, you do have system sounds turned on, yes? Assuming that the
16 > backend is properly configured, in order to have sounds in KDE you need
17 > the following settings in kcontrol:
18 >
19 > Sound and Multimedia=> Sound System=> Sound System=> General Tab=>
20 > "Enable the Sound System" must be checked (system sounds are played
21 > through aRTS, and that is the sound system this checkbox enables);
22 >
23 > Sound and Multimedia=> System Notifications. When the "Event Source"
24 > drop-down in this dialog is set to KDE System Notifications, you need to
25 > make sure that:
26 >
27 > 1) valid sounds are associated with the various events (if the test of
28 > the sound doesn't play, well, it's not going to play in KDE either), and
29 >
30 > 2) The Quick Control, when the "Apply to all events" checkbox is
31 > checked, is not set to "Turn Off all Sounds".
32 >
33 > Hope this helps,
34 > Holly
35 It also can be:
36
37 - You used "-arts" in your USE.
38 - You don't have this in ~/.kde/share/config/knotifyrc
41 [StartProgress]
42 Arts Init=true
43 KNotify Init=true
44 Use Arts=true