From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] InitRAMFS - boot expert sought
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:29:48
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:43:38 -0500
3 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Mark Knecht wrote:
6 >>> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>> <SNIP>
8 >>>> I like, even love, Gentoo. Thing is, if it gets to where it
9 >>>> doesn't work like it should for me, there's no point in me using
10 >>>> it. If I wanted a OS that doesn't work well for me, I'd be buying
11 >>>> M$'s crap. Hey, it does install fairly fast but it is pretty
12 >>>> crappy. LOL
13 >>>>
14 >>>
15 >>> What? Me worry?
16 >>>
17 >>> Chill Dale. The Gentoo devs will get it there.
18 >>>
19 >>> And what will you do if Ubuntu doesn't boot? Learn another distro?
20 >>> Nahh... ;-)
21 >>>
22 >>> - Mark
23 >>>
24 >>>
27 >> That's why I want something that I can install fast. Gentoo certainly
28 >> isn't the right choice for that. If Kubuntu fails, I can just
29 >> reinstall and not format /home. It doesn't take to long and I'll be
30 >> back up and running. I already keep a fairly up to date sysrescue so
31 >> having something for some other distro wouldn't be a huge issue.
32 >
33 > See this mountain peak you think you see in front of you? The one you
34 > call Everest?
35 >
36 > You got it wrong about that mountain Dale. It's a little mole hill in
37 > the back yard.
38 >
39 > Make / big enough to contain /usr as well. Move stuff over and delete
40 > the /usr partition.
41 >
42 > Everything you fear about udev instantly ceases to exist and is no
43 > longer a problem. Sorted.
47 But what about using LVM? People was all for me using it a while back
48 and I want to use it, see other post, but now because of this, I'm not
49 supposed to.
50
51 Look left, look right, look left, look right. Get the idea? ROFL
52
53 Dale
54