From: Kraus Philipp <philipp.kraus@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] NFSv4 idmapd.conf
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 16:04:46
1 Hello,
2
3 I try to setup a NFSv4 server with idmapd.conf and OSX clients. I have setup my /etc/exports with the share names and I can mount them from the OSX client, but I need a uid / gid mapping. The account data (user / groups) are within a LDAP server on the same host. I try to configure idmapd.conf for mapping the user ids, because I need this for two users on two hosts only.
4
5 I have set this to the idmapd.conf
6 [General]
7 Domain = mydomain
8
9 [Translation]
10 Method = nsswitch <- I test this also with static, or "static,nsswitch"
11
12 [Static]
13 user1@osx1 = mylocaluser
14
15 Mounting on the client works and SSH login works with the user data also. How can I setup the user mapping on my NFS server?
16
17 Thx
18
19 Phil