From: "de Almeida
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] guest additions for vbox-1.6 gentoo guest on xp host
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 03:27:02
1 Hello,
2
3 Has anyone been able to install successfully the guest additions in a
4 vbox-1.6 gentoo guest?
5
6 I get the following when installing the additions:
7
8 Verifying archive integrity... All good.
9 Uncompressing VirtualBox 1.6.0 Guest Additions for Linux installation
10 ....
11 ...
12 VirtualBox 1.6.0 Guest Additions installation
13 Which: no dkms in
14 (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin...)
15 Building the VirtualBox Guest Additions kernel module...
16 Building the shared folder support kernel module...
17 Installing the VirtualBox Guest Additions...
18
19 Could not set up the X Window VBoxClient service.
20 To start the VBoxClient service at log-in for a given user, add the
21 command 98vboxadd-xclient to the file .xinitrc in their home directory.
22 Successfully installed the VirtualBox Guest Additions.
23 Your must restart....
24
25 The Auto-Resize Guest Display in the vbox does not work, and seemless
26 mode is grayed out.
27
28 Also the screen size in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not work as it
29 should.
30
31 Any inputs appreciated.
32