From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] skype notworking
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 10:49:10
1 On Thursday 01 May 2008, Gavin Seddon wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I used revdep-rebuild --SEARCH_DIRS /opt
4 > with no luck. How do I check it to enable /opt?
5 > thanks
6 > g
7
8 revdep-rebuild will not solve your problem. It only fixes problems where
9 binaries used to link to other files that are no longer there. It
10 cannot fix your incompatible CXXABI versions in libstdc++ as it doesn't
11 know which gcc versions provide that.
12
13 Read this thread:
14 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4107570.html?sid=8acb0d609d3259d3af0dd1c262c7d277
15 the last post on the page is especially informative.
16
17 Run this:
18 strings /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6 | grep ABI
19 to find out what version your gcc is providing. skype requires:
20
21 CXXABI_1.3.1
22 GLIBCXX_3.4.4
23
24 as per your original post. I recommend you upgrade gcc to version 4.1.2
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
35 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list