From: Peter <pete4abw@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] splash theme livecd-2006.0 and verbose mode
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:15:51
1 Stupid little question. When I created the initrd-livecd-2005.1 file and
2 booted it as follows:
3
4 kernel /boot/bzImage-2.6.15-gentoo-r1 root=/dev/hda5 quiet CONSOLE=/dev/tty1 splash=verbose,theme:livecd-2005.1
5 initrd /boot/initrd-livecd-2005.1
6
7 at the end of the init sequence, the little logo bar was visible on the
8 bottom of the console screen as expected. If I changed verbose to silent
9 in the splash= part, the graphical boot sequence was displayed as expected.
10
11 I did the following...
12
13 # cd /etc/splash
14 # splash_geninitramfs -g /boot/initrd-livecd-2006.0 -v -r 1280x1024 livecd-2006.0
15
16 and booted...
17
18 kernel /boot/bzImage-2.6.15-gentoo-r1 root=/dev/hda5 quiet CONSOLE=/dev/tty1 splash=verbose,theme:livecd-2006.0
19 initrd /boot/initrd-livecd-2006.0
20
21 Now, I am testing the livecd-2006.0 and notice that when in verbose mode
22 no graphical bar is displayed after the init sequence (which should be at
23 the right side of the screen as it is on the livecd). If I boot in silent
24 mode, splash=silent,theme:livecd-2006.0, the graphical boot screen shows fine,
25 but at the end, the graphical bar on the console screen is NOT displayed.
26
27 When I shutdown, the graphical display shows again with the progress bar
28 correctly on the right (when I boot in splash=silent mode).
29
30 So, I know the initrd is getting loaded and the images I want are there.
31
32 Since I load these as initrd images, I did not recompile the kernel.
33
34 media-gfx/splashutils
35 Latest version available: 1.1.9.8-r1
36 Latest version installed: 1.1.9.8-r1
37
38 Any hints? Is there something I need to do extra?
39
40 TIA
41 --
42 Peter