From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: ssh-add: Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:56:12
1 Hello.
2
3 · Eric Martin <freak4uxxx@×××××.com>:
4
5 > Ok, so looking at your original post, gvfs, gnome-vfs, and seahorse were
6 > upgraded.
7
8 Yes.
9
10 > I'm not much of a gnome guy but I do know that apps do all
11 > sorts of strange stuff if I upgrade deps and don't restart them
12 > (forget). When's the last time you restarted gnome / your box?
13
14 This morning. Yesterday, I upgraded stuff and then shut down my
15 machine. This morning I booted the machine.
16
17 > I know
18 > it's not the the NIX way to reboot when you can't fix it (as it usually
19 > doesn't fix the problem) but I'm running out of ideas
20
21 You're right - didn't fix it :)
22
23 It seems to me, as if some daemon or whatnot is not started.
24
25 It would be interesting for me, if any other Gnome users have
26 this problem as well. If not, it would be interesting to see
27 what daemons you've got running. The lsof output would be
28 very interesting!
29
30 Michael Schmarck
31 --
32 The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming dragon.
36 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list