From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: DVD "FUSE decrypter" to allow non-DeCSS players to work with encrypted DVDs?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 19:04:01
1 On 2010-06-23, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:14:00 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> Is there any sort of FUSE+libdvdread+libdvddecss utility that can be
5 >> pointed at an encrypted DVD and then present to user-space apps
6 >> an unencrypted-filesystem-tree-view of that DVD?
7 >
8 > media-video/vobcopy will copy the DVD files to hard disc, decrypting them
9 > in the process.
10
11 Yes, thanks. I know about the ways to rip an encrypted DVD (vobcopy,
12 k9copy, dvd::rip, etc.). However, that's not what I'm asking about.
13
14 I don't want to rip the DVD to hard disc. I want to provide
15 unencrypted access to an encrypted DVD without copying the entire DVD
16 contents to a temporary location.
19 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Half a mind is a
20 at terrible thing to waste!
21 gmail.com