From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Merging separate /usr back into / - one last time...
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:43:27
1 On 2013-12-02 11:26 AM, gottlieb@×××.edu <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 02 2013, tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org wrote:
3 >> So, here's the plan, please check me...
4 >>
5 >> 1. Boot off of the latest gentoo LiveDVD
6 >>
7 >> 2. Mount / and create new /usr directory
8
9 > I am missing something. I would have thought your old / (dev/sda3)
10 > already has an empty /usr directory where you previously mounted
11 > /dev/vg/usr
12
13 Hmmm... I guess you're right, although I guess I'd have realized that as
14 soon as I mounted / to /mnt/gentoo and did an ls...
15
16 >> 4. Copy /oldusr to /usr
17
18 > This suggests that your current root (dev/sda3) is big enough to
19 > include the previous /usr (dev/vg/usr).
20
21 Yep, plenty of room...
22
23 Are you saying you went through this too?
24
25 Hopefully a few others will chime in with more on the exact rsync
26 arguments I should use...
27
28 Thanks Allan... :)