From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server-7.0.0-rc1: Cannot switch to VC's
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 03:47:36
1 On 1/29/06, fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I just upgraded to xorg-server-7.0.0-rc1, and I can now no longer switch
3 > to VC's. I used to be able to do this by holding ctl-alt and pressing
4 > F1, for example.
5 >
6 > Does anyone out there happen to know how I can once again do this?
7
8 >From the xorg.conf man page:
9
10 Option "DontVTSwitch" "boolean"
11 This disallows the use of the Ctrl+Alt+Fn sequence
12 (where Fn refers to one of
13 the numbered function keys). That sequence is
14 normally used to switch to
15 another "virtual terminal" on operating systems that
16 have this feature. When
17 this option is enabled, that key sequence has no special
18 meaning and is passed
19 to clients. Default: off.
20
21 Sounds like you have DontVTSwitch in your xorg.conf.
22
23 If not, maybe you could post your xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
24
25 -Richard
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list