From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wireless trouble, bad hardware?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 01:13:51
1 I'm having trouble with one of my systems not being able to reliably
2 connect to my Gentoo router wirelessly.
3
4 I have a Netgear WG311T in the router and also the desktop that is
5 having trouble. I have a Netgear WG511T in my laptop. They all use
6 the madwifi driver. The laptop connects perfectly every time, and the
7 desktop used to connect perfectly but has slowly become less and less
8 reliable until now it rarely connects. The laptop and desktop are
9 both about 12 feet from the router. I'm in an apartment, but it
10 doesn't seem like interference could be the problem since the laptop
11 connects perfectly every time.
12
13 Can anyone recommend anything to check in software? Does this sound
14 like a hardware problem?
15
16 - Grant
17 --