From: Gmail <hungptit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't boot, chroot no help
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 03:57:35
1 I had a similar problem before and I solved it by start my computer
2 using boot CD then reemerge e2fsprogs-libs and sys-fs/e2fsprogs.
3
4 Hung
5
6 Maxim Wexler wrote:
7 > Hi group,
8 >
9 > I ran emerge -avuDN world and came up with blocked packages which I
10 > eliminated by un-merging device-mapper and e2fsprogs-libs. When I
11 > rebooted was greeted by a maintenance console and the message
12 > "libblkid.so.1 cannot open shared object file". A little googling
13 > later I realized that e2fsprogs-libs should not have been removed. No
14 > problem, I'll chroot and fix it.
15 >
16 > After the chroot I was able to mount /dev/sda1 on /mnt/gentoo but
17 > couldn't mount /dev/sdb2
18 > on /var where portage is kept on this system. The error was identical
19 > to the original one when the pc was first rebooted:
20 >
21 > "mount: error while loading shared libraries: libblkid.so.1..."
22 >
23 > I tried to run e2fsck on /dev/sda2 but got this error msg:
24 >
25 > "e2fsck: error while loading shared libraries: libcom_err.so.2: cannot
26 > open shared object file..."
27 >
28 > Any one see a way past this impasse? I'm using ext2 with the journal option.
29 >
30 > Maxim