From: "François-Xavier CARTON" <fx.carton@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vimrc in (g)vim and highlighting
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2019 04:04:06
1 On 10/3/19 10:23 AM, Samuraiii wrote:
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > I have strange problem with my ~/.vimrc file.
5 >
6 > When I have it (does not matter if it is empty or not), the syntax
7 > highlighting is not working at all.
8 >
9 > But when I delete it, vim highlights as expected (I have already tried
10 > to set "incompatible" mode in vimrc with no success).
11 >
12 > Cheers
13 >
14 > S
18 Do you have "syntax on" on your .vimrc?
19
20 If you do and it's not working, you can debug what is executed at
21 startup by running "vim -D", and check that no plugin set "syntax off"
22 or "set compatible".
23
24 Hope this helps.