From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trying kde "no support for hal"??
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 07:12:47
1 On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 16:21 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > Hi again,
3 >
4 > The kde tryout is progressing well. However, I just tried to plug in my
5 > usb storage drive. Nothing happened.
6 >
7 > I found the Settings > Peripheral > storage media; and there is an
8 > option:
9 > "Enable HAL backend (No support for HAL on this system)" which is greyed
10 > out.
11 >
12 > I have definately compiled kdebase with the hal use flag - is there
13 > something else I need to recompile?
14 >
15 > USE="hal" emerge -p --newuse world
16 >
17 > doesn't give me anything kde related.
18 >
19 > I can't find much help on this, so any tips would be appreciated.
20 >
21 > thanks,
22 > --
23 > Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>
24 >
25 > Pascal is a language for children wanting to be naughty.
26 > -- Dr. Kasi Ananthanarayanan
27 >
28 Hi,
29 Assume you have "sys-apps/hal" installed.
30 Have you started it-/etc/init.d/hald start (rc-update add hald default).
31 As there's a close relation between kernel version & dbus,hal,ivman
32 versions, not all combinations work, watch out.
33 HTH.Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature