From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CUPS and Lexmark x7675
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 13:26:21
1 dhk wrote:
2 > I have a Lexmark x7675 printer connected to my network. When trying
3 > to add a printer through the cups interface, Lexmark doesn't appear in
4 > the list of manufactures. Will this printer work with CUPS/Gentoo
5 > (amd64)? How can it be set up?
6 >
7 > Thanks,
8 >
9 > dhk
13 According to the cups site, your printer is not in the list.
14
15 http://www.cups.org/ppd.php?L
16
17 From my experience, Lexmark does not support Linux very well. I always
18 stick with HP myself. They seem to have drivers for all but a very new
19 printer. Usually when a printer has been out a few months, there is a
20 driver for it. Plus, HP has better Linux support in other areas as well.
21
22 Dale
23