From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] bluecherry:: video surveillance package
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 13:38:33
1 Hello,
2
3 So, 'zoneminder' has been in portage for a while now. The problem
4 is this open source software is not really aggressive with support
5 on the 'ip video cams' (h.264) that are available (at least last time I
6 hacked on zoneminder).
9 So Bluecherry seems to have opensourced quite a bit of their linux based
10 (fedora, ubuntu) video surveillance package [1]. Bluecherry appears to
11 leverage QT and mplayer [2].
14 If Anyone is interested in analog and ip (h.264) video surveillance,
15 take a look at these and other related links to see if there is interest
16 in creating an ebuild for bluecherry client viewing software. We can also
17 discuss options for the video server, container deployment and other ideas.
20 hth,
21 James
22
23 [1] http://www.bluecherrydvr.com/downloads/