From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Rsync backup problem2
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:51:20
1 Paul <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > All files copy with no errors but symlinks always fail with the message:
4 > symlink "/mnt/network/usr/lib/libgstinterfaces-0.8.so.0" ->
5 > "libgstinterfaces-0.8.so.0.1.0" failed: Operation not supported
6 >
7 > I am wondering if this is a permissions problem.
8 > My network usb server will not let me have a user called root so I have set
9 > user paul with the 'can do anything' previlege.
10 > The mount and rsync commands are using user root
11
12 What file systems are involved?
13 You get a similar message writing to NSFS or fat since unix like
14 permisions are not supported there.
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list