From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python update question
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:43:28
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I'm just wanting to make certain I don't break my rig. Info first:
5 >
6 > root@fireball / # eselect python list
7 > Available Python interpreters:
8 > [1] python2.7 *
9 > [2] python3.1
10 > [3] python3.2
11 > root@fireball / #
12 >
13 > I ran --depclean and it wants to remove python 3.1. I ran python
14 > updater and recompiled the needed packages. Since python 2.7 is the
15 > default python, is it safe to remove python 3.1? As we all know, python
16 > and portage is really good friends and portage gets real upset when it
17 > looses its friend. I'd much rather ask this question than have to start
18 > a thread on how to repair python with a dead portage.
19 >
20 > So, safe to remove? I'm thinking it is but just want the comfort of
21 > taking someone else with me it is breaks. lol
22 >
23 > Dale
24 >
25 > :-) :-)
29 I really need to not post when I take my meds. lol The last line
30 should read "* someone else with me if it breaks."
31
32 Meds. They help some things but hurt other things. o_O
33
34 Thanks.
35
36 Dale
37
41 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
42 how you interpreted my words!
43
44 Miss the compile output? Hint:
45 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"