From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Udev update and persistent net rules changes
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 23:41:11
1 On 01/04/13 01:01, Dale wrote:
2 > Pandu Poluan wrote:
6 >> Since it's obvious that upsteam has this "my way or the highway"
7 >> mentality, I'm curious about whether eudev (and mdev) exhibits the
8 >> same behavior...
9 >>
10 >> Rgds,
11 >> --
14 > I synced yesterday and I didn't see the news alert. Last eudev update
15 > was in Feb. so I *guess* not. It seems to be a "udev" thing. That is
16 > why I mentioned eudev to someone else that was having this issue with a
17 > server setup.
18 >
19 > Dale
20 >
21 > :-) :-)
24 Have not seen it yet (eudev), but something interesting is I am moving
25 to a small cloud of libvirt managed vm instances for my services and
26 instead of having to delete the net rules file in each instance (because
27 the mac address is changing) it creates a new eth0 for the new mac
28 address, and moved the old to eth1 - handy as I am using a base image
29 and spawning off a child from a snap for each instance - one less
30 annoyance to worry about! Seemed to happen about the time of the last
31 eudev update, need to look into it more.
32
33 BillK