From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel Panic fglrx
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:32:57
1 Hi,
2
3 Am Montag, 24. Oktober 2011, 16:36:00 schrieb 4k3nd0:
4 > hi guys,
5 >
6 > somehow my fglrx is unstable. Got sometime a crashing fglrx that
7 > pulling down the hole system. Someone maybe a idea to fix this?
8 >
9 > http://pastebin.com/izFnWD7N
10
11 [fglrx] ASIC hang happened
12
13 is a message indicating a deadlock in a compute-kernel (shader, GPGPU), which
14 in almost all cases is a userspace bug or the timeout in fglrx is too low for
15 the kernel in question.
16 I'm no expert in tweaking fglrx, but afaict there's nothing you can do except
17 wait for an update of the driver.
18 You could also try the opensource-drivers (I think r600 in your case), cause
19 those do their own heuristics to determine hanging or deadlocked compute-
20 kernels.
21
22 Best,
23 Michael