From: Keith Dart <keith@×××××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: axllent@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng filtering
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:40:19
1 === On Thu, 03/18, Ralph Slooten wrote: ===
2 > Maybe I'm the idiot here, however I thought that this was a common
3 > way of getting rid of unwanted crud from the syslog?
4
5 ===
6
7 Probably the best method is to not send it there in the first place.
8
9 For example, the script run by cron, /usr/sbin/run-crons, has this line
10 in it:
11
12 [ -x /usr/bin/logger ] && /usr/bin/logger -i -p cron.info -t run-crons
13 "(`whoami`) CMD ($SCRIPT)"
14
15 You can comment that out and then those annoying run-cron entries won't
16 be logged.
20 -- Keith Dart
24 Keith Dart
25 <keith@×××××××××.biz>