From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 06:06:46
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 11:16 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Whatever the problems is, things are breaking. I think something in KDE is
5 >> broke, like corrupt file or some corrupt config somewhere, and it was just
6 >> the first symptom of the problem. No matter what I try to emerge, I get
7 >> errors like this.
8 >>
9 > I would definitely run sys-apps/memtest86+ for a few hours (or
10 > more)... Random lockups and corruption sounds like RAM issues.
15 I had a power failure the other day not long before this started.
16 Needless to say, this has the potential of leading to problems with
17 files, which is what I thought was wrong with KDE. I don't KNOW that
18 this is the problem but it is a possibility. After the install gets
19 done, I do plan to run some tests before even booting into the new install.
20
21 I just hope this drive isn't going out on me. It's not to old but we
22 all know how they are. They break when they are ready, not when it is
23 convenient for us.
24
25 If the tests fail, then maybe I can fix some things in my old install
26 after some repairs. If it passes the test, I hope the new install does
27 better. I'll report what happens tho.
28
29 Thinking about it, I got 16Gbs on here. That could take a while to
30 test. O_O
31
32 Dale
33