From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] From rsync to git: sync-uri is invalid: https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 06:45:37
1 Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > To switch from rsync to git I am following the steps described here
5 > https://www.reddit.com/r/Gentoo/comments/3i141w/now_that_portage_is_using_git_how_do_i_git_pull/
6 >
7 > The last step I did was "mv /usr/portage /usr/portage.old ; emerge
8 > sync" and I got:
9 >
10 > solfire:/usr>emerge --sync
11 >>>> Syncing repository 'gentoo' into '/usr/portage'...
12 > !!! sync-uri is invalid: https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git
13 >
14 > As fas as I know, this is the uri Joost uses...
15 >
16 > Hmmm....why does portage thinks, this uri is wrong?
17 > (...and how can I fix it?)
18 >
19 > Cheers
20 > Meino
24 May want to look at this link.
25
26 https://wiki.gentoo.org/index.php?title=/etc/portage/repos.conf/gentoo.conf&oldid=378294
29 Maybe that will give better results, not that I see anything wrong with
30 what you have myself. BTW, I did a forum search, make sure you don't
31 have other files in /etc/portage/repos.conf. It seems that if you have
32 more than one, it takes the last one and runs with it. Someone else had
33 gentoo.conf.bak and it was reading it instead of gentoo.conf. It sort
34 of works like package.use and such. Make sense? I'm beat over here. lol
35
36 Hope that helps.
37
38 Dale