From: zless <zless@×××××.site>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge @preserved-rebuild failure
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 13:37:08
1 În ziua de duminică, 7 ianuarie 2018, la 03:09:32 EET, Mart Raudsepp a scris:
2 > > To me this reads as readline-7.0_p3 depends on libs from readline-
3 > > 6.3.
4 > >
5 > > Smells a bit as some sort of bug. Try rebuilding readline?
6 > >
7 > > This didn't happen here when readline was bumped.
8 >
9 > This is no bug here. It's just storing the fact that it preserved these
10 > /lib64/libreadline.so.6{,.3} under the replacing newer version package.
11 > That is, readline-7.0_p3 now owns these files, but based on this
12 > registry, they will be deleted and removed from its CONTENTS, once
13 > there are no more consumers of it based on essentially NEEDED.ELF.2
14 > contents in the VDB (/var/db/pkg/*/*/NEEDED.ELF.2).
15 > That is, what is keeping them from being removed is not stored in this
16 > registry.
17
18 Thanks for the in-depth explanation. Do you think that revdep-rebuild would've
19 helped here?
20
21 And a bit off-topic for this thread (but it's a subject that interests me):
22 does the preserved rebuild feature track user installed programs (outside of
23 portage control)?