From: GMail <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Masking for Educational Purposes only ?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:14:53
1 On Monday 24 November 2008 10:15:46 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > portage-2.2.. has been masked.
5 > /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask tells me why
6 >
7 > "In order to ensure that portage-2.1.6 gets sufficient testing,
8 > portage-2.2 will be masked in package.mask until portage-2.1.6 has
9 > been marked stable."
10 >
11 > I feel like someone will try to educate me.
12 > Yes, I can and will unmask it again, but why
13 > am I forced to?
14 >
15 > I'd prefer if package.mask is used for buggy or dangerous
16 > packages only.
17
18 +1
19
20 I ran into this same thing this morning and felt like mailing Zac a piece of
21 my mind. Sanity prevailed though.
22
23 I still feeling quite deeply offended though that a package maintainer has
24 forced me to jump through a hoop simply because he would like an earlier
25 version to "get tested more".
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com