From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to copy a file's content to clipboard?
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:29:20
1 On 12 August 2005 16:53, Qiangning Hong wrote:
2 > Do you know how to copy the content of a file to the X clipboard using
3 > command? Every time now I need to paste a file into my email, I have to
4 > cat it in a terminal and use mouse to select the text. Is there a more
5 > convenient way?
6
7 Depends on your mailer. In KDE's kmail, I just click Message -> Insert File.
8 Since you are using Thunderbird, I am pretty sure it offers something
9 similar.
10
11 Uwe
14 95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
15 developers. - Linus Torvalds
16
17 http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)
18 --