From: Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Skype && pulseaudio
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:08:12
1 Hi there!
2
3 The 2.1.x-Version of Skype seems to use pulseaudio if it finds a pulsaudio-
4 deamon running, and doesn't allow to chose the audio device in this case.
5
6 What I want to have is very simple:
7 * Ringtone and any other sound produced by skype shall go to the internal
8 sound device with loudspeakers connected
9 * Audiostream for talking to someone shall go to the USB-Headset.
10
11 How do I configure this?
12
13 What I've tried so far:
14 * pacmd shows skype as single client. I couldn't find a way to redirect it to
15 the headset
16 * I've installed padevchoser, but it only allows me to change the default
17 device, and the setting seems to be ignored by skype.
18
19 Thanks
20 Alex