From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help me reboot X
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 08:15:18
1 On Monday 04 June 2007, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 >   2) I have no clue how to find out what's causing the lockup.  I'd
3 > love to, because I usually lose a bunch of work in the crash.
4
5 top will tell you which process is hogging the resources and also let
6 you kill it with the 'k' hotkey
7
8 My X also locks up from time to time due to kde-type issues, the usual
9 cause is konqueror and invaribaly I have to kill and restart kdeinit or
10 even '/etc/init.d/xdm restart' in extreme cases. But I use
11 enlightenment as the wm so that might not necessarily hold true for
12 you.
13
14 When using kde as the desktop, I've also had this trouble with kicker
15
16 alan
21 Optimists say the glass is half full,
22 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
23 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
24
25 Alan McKinnon
26 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
27 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list