From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] color in terminals with white background
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 18:36:57
1 On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:43:54 -0400, John Blinka wrote:
3 >
4 > You can remap the colours portage uses in /etc/portage/color.map. See man
5 > portage and man color.map for details.
6 >
7 > --
8 > Neil Bothwick
9 >
10 > c:>Press Enter to Exit
13 Thanks for the color.map pointer. A web search turns up one person's solution:
14
15 http://forum.soft32.com/linux/gentoo-portage-color-map-light-background-ftopict332304.html
16
17 A /etc/portage/color.map file containing just this one line makes the
18 "invisible" yellow portage output legible on my white background:
19
20 yellow=brown
21
22 I appreciate the help. Problem solved!
23
24 John