From: PaulNM <gentoo@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] burning audiocd with k3b
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:07:25
1 It seems cdrecord comes across a write error after about 3 megs in.
2 Since this is a cd-rw, I'd suggest:
3
4 1: Try recording a data project on that particular cd just to rule out
5 cd problems. (Of course make sure the data files are at least 4 megs.
6 I'd go with at least 10-20 megs.)
7
8 2: K3B has an option to create the cd image before the actual burn, as
9 opposed to on-the-fly.
10
11 3: Try the simulate option.
12
13 4: I'd also erase the cd through the menu option before actually trying
14 any burns instead of letting k3b do it automatically.
15
16 5: It also wouldn't hurt to re-emerge cdrecord, or even k3b, but I'd try
17 the other things first.
18
19 PaulNM
20 --