From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 12:06:05
1 On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 12:34:53 +0200
2 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I disagree.
5
6 Can we agree to disagree?
7
8 > Your default position on things seems to be to favour the theoretical
9 > position over the reality. I'm the opposite, being a sysadmin and not
10 > a developer I'm a realist and not a theoretician. I work with the way
11 > things are and really only look at the theory when stuff is proven
12 > broken.
13
14 That I want my time to be spent useful is reality, not just theory;
15 until you can show me the invisible subscription state as well as the
16 Reply-To mungling are features, I keep my mailer fixed to unbreak that.
17
18 > What is currently happening is you are sending mails directly
19 > addressed to me so they do not get filtered and end up cluttering my
20 > already full inbox.
21
22 That is because you address me about this matter; if you weren't, I
23 wouldn't have sent you a single mail. Or perhaps one in a hundred days;
24 I consider the meta discussion brought up here to be more cluttering
25 than that uncertain single mail.
26
27 > You are breaking my filters.
28
29 Why do you filters allow list messages in your inbox?
30
31 > I do want you to fix your mailer so that you stop inconveniencing me.
32 > And I would *really* prefer not to have to tweak my filters to
33 > accommodate you. I'd rather you do that heavy lifting (on account of
34 > you causing it).
35
36 That list messages land in your inbox is caused by your filter and
37 mail client; as you can see per the example procmail rule, as well as
38 my mail client, neither of both do that here.
39
40 > Do you see what I'm getting at?
41
42 No; I don't see why I should stop following the mailing list etiquette,
43 start relying on possibly wasting time as well as break what is fixed.
44
45 But yes; for convenience, I've dropped you from CC.
48 With kind regards,
49
50 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
51 Gentoo Developer
52
53 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
54 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
55 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D